One of the things I'm really trying to do is make sure related spells play well with each other. Spells in a "family", for instance, should have a similar appearance and effects (chromatic spells are sparkling and multi-hued). Ideally they will also span a number of levels, either through separate spells or diminished/heightened effects. (chromatic dagger, a 2nd-level spell, includes a diminished and a heightened effect; chromatic blade, a 5th-level spell, also includes a diminished and a heightened effect, so the two together span 1st-6th level. There's clearly room for an 8th-level version if I want. Unfortunately, the two don't play well with chromatic orb, but that's really a prismatic spell anyway...)
Other things to include in The Complete Illusionist:
- a description of how heightened and diminished spells work (this should've been in TBI. Whoops.)
- Illusionist NPCs
- A more comprehensive description of the Aethereal Plane.
- Possibly a description of the Umbral Plane
- luminists and shadowmancers
- apprentices, etc, etc.
- More illusion & shadow related creatures.
- Magic items
- A short section on using illusionists instead of magic-users in a campaign.
- Spell lists broken down by effect, school, subschool, so on and so forth
Any other requests?