Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spells: Divination & Heroism

I've got what I think of as a fairly mild type of Attention Deficit Disorder. I'm not, nor ever have been, hyperactive, but I do have serious issues with prioritization and motivation. I need a big shiny trophy ball hanging in my face to keep me going once I get bored.

The Basic Illusionist was a miracle because I managed to work on that for a month. Two weeks is about my usual limit, and unfortunately I hit that last week on my most recent distraction, which means I loathed it for the past few days and couldn't stand to look at it.  I think I'll be able to resume working on it in a day or two, which is nice because a) I'm 98% or better finished with the most important and worst part, b) it shouldn't take all that long to complete, c) when it's done I'll give myself a nice shiny trophy ball, and d) I'll have proven that not only can I write something, I can do so twice.


Only two spells this time; I've got three 5th-level spells for next time, and then I'll have to start writing new material.  That's a bit of a bugger, but having suspended everything else to work on The Project, it'll be a nice change to get back to the illusionist, norse classes, and races.

Divination is a 4th level Cleric and M-U spell; heroism is a 4th level Cleric spell. Divination would also be fine as a Druid spell.


Divination
Level: 4
Range: Special
Duration: Immediate
This spell is similar to augury, but instead of a course of action, divination provides information about an area known to the caster. The chance of success is 70% plus the caster’s level, and the information so gathered includes the relative strength of forces in the area, the quantity of valuables, and the likelihood of long-term consequences that might arise from disrupting the area. The results are typically somewhat vague but understandable.

Heroism
Level: 4
Range: Touch
Duration: 1 hour
The recipient ge
ts a +2 bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws for the duration of the spell

No comments:

Post a Comment